IBAB- Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology Exam 2015
- Applicant should have completed a bachelor’s degree (BTech, BE, BSc, MBBS, BDS, BPharm, BAMS) in any subject of science/technology such computer science, chemistry, pharma, physics, mathematics, statistics, biotechnology, zoology, botany, biochemistry, microbiology, agriculture, medicine, dentistry or veterinary sciences. Students who are expected to complete their course by June/early July 2015 are also eligible.
- The applicant is required to obtain at least 50% (overall) in his/her Bachelor’s degree.
- There is no age bar for applying.
- For students from India : 500/- (Rs.250/- if applied before 20 Mar 2015)
- For NRI/Foreign students: 1000/- (Rs.500/- if applied before 20 Mar 2015)
- The application fee is non-refundable.
- Incomplete forms may be rejected.
- IBAB reserves the right to reject the application if the applicant does not meet the required criteria.
- You must also email email@example.com immediately after submitting the application form.
- First round of selection is by a simple, multiple choice online entrance test that can be taken from any place (even from your home).
- Second round of selections is via an interview at IBAB.
- Application fee can be paid through cash or by a Demand Draft (DD) drawn in favor of ‘Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology’ payable at Bengaluru.
- The application will be processed only on receipt of the application fee.
- All the original certificates should be produced for verification at the time of interview.
- You must apply for a migration certificate at your college immediately after completion of your degree course; it is required to join the IBAB course.
- Foreign students should follow the instructions applicable to NRI candidates.
ONLINE ENTRANCE TEST:
- Applicants have to take the online entrance test. They can take the test from any place with a good computer (yes, even from their homes) provided a good internet connection is available.
- Login and password will be sent to the applicants only on receipt of application fee and through e-mail only (hence, it is essential to email firstname.lastname@example.org after submitting your application).
- Online test will have multiple choice questions of 10+2 science level, from different subjects. Applicants will be asked to first take a TRIAL online test before the final test, to familiarize themselves with the online test
- Duration of the test is for 100 min. There will be no negative marks in the entrance test.
- For any queries regarding the online entrance test, please write to email@example.com
INTERVIEW AT IBAB:
- Only candidates who qualify in the Entrance test will be called for an Interview at Bengaluru.
- Candidates are advised to reserve tickets soon after applying to avoid last minute rush.
- Candidates selected for interview should bring with them the original marks sheets, degree certificates and a valid photo ID such as driving license, PAN card, passport or voter’s ID card.
GUIDELINES TO FILL UP THE APPLICATION:
- Mark the appropriate option with a tick in the boxes provided.
- Write name and address in block letters. Please leave a space between any two words.
- Candidates should fill in their name as it appears in their degree certificate and avoid abbreviations.
- Write clearly the valid e-mail IDs that you use most often. This is critical to get the login and password to write the online test.
- Only photocopies of mark-sheets starting from 10th standard onwards up to the highest degree obtained are to be enclosed along with the application along with proof of the date of birth.
- Do not send original mark sheets or certificates or any other document.
- Additional supporting document (photocopy only) is to be submitted by NRI/foreign candidates for proof of NRI/foreign status
- Applicants are encouraged to fill up the application form online. They should follow it up by immediately sending the DD for application fee, 2 passport size photos and photocopies of mark sheets by post/courier.
- Applicants who cannot apply online can apply by downloading the application form. Other requirements are as above. CHECKLIST:
- Make sure the application form is filled in completely and accurately.
- Make sure to attach/send supporting documents.
- Make sure to send application fee by DD/cash.
- Make sure to send two copies of your recent photographs.
- Your application will be processed only on receipt of the application fee.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your application number, requesting user name and password.
VENUE OF THE EXAM: Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Mumbai.
CALENDAR OF IMPORTANT DATES FOR THE EXAM:
|Last date for online application||11th May 2015|
|Online entrance test||03rd – 05th June 2015|
|Date of interview||29th June -04th July 2015|
|Joining date||19th July 2015|
Post/courier the application form to the address given below:
Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology
Biotech Park, Electronics City, Phase I
Bengaluru – 560100, Karnataka
For further updates, please visit www.ibab.ac.in or mail email@example.com
You can also call at: 080-285 289 00/01/02 OR 096118 72946 between 10:00am and 06:00 pm, Monday to Saturday
Disha Counseling Center.
- Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation for any field Scholarship Opportunities
- Asha Shree Endowment for Graduate or post-graduate professional degree courses Scholarship Opportunities
- Gaurav Foundation for Indian school-college and college abroad Scholarship Opportunities
- TOEFL Scholarship for 9,000+ institutions Scholarship Opportunities
- Fair and lovely scholarship for any graduate and post-graduate Scholarship Opportunities