One often experiences feelings of being overwhelmed, stuck in a rut, sadness that one doesn't understand. The journey as an adult can be a bumpy road that sometimes requires tremendous support. This is particularly true when one is feeling sad, anxious or confused about a current life situation. These feelings can be compounded when all the daily stressors of careers, children or marriage leave one with little time to focus on onself.
Persistent and untreated stressors may lead to some mental health problems - which may come on unexpectedly to anyone or may be present and growing for some time. It has effects on ones thoughts, physical body, feelings, and behavior. It can range from mild to severe. It may be episodic or chronic
The relationship counseling can help one focus on the areas in one's life that one wants to improve, so we also conduct Adult Assessments.
In a counseling session, we will help you overcome problems by identifying causes of pain or stress, and discovering barriers that interfere in life. Through the counseling relationship you will gain the insight needed to help you realize your weaknesses and maximize your potential for positive growth and change.
Adult Counseling can:
- Help individuals develop a more compassionate view of themselves
- Resolve painful past injuries
- Reduce negative self talk and increase positive self talk; Integrate and improve self esteem
- Improve intimate relationships
- Liberate from the bondage of excessive guilt, shame, and anxiety
- Discover inner peace and inner strength
- Foster personal growth and development
- Increase satisfaction and joy in areas of life
- Nurture resiliency and strengths already present
- Improved relations with family or friends
- Easing of transitions (divorce, moving, job loss)
Services offered in the areas of
Therapy is tailored to meet each client's specific needs:
- Depression, Anxiety, fears or phobias
- Anger and Stress Management
- Work-related concerns and Career planning
- Negative thinking patterns and Low self-steem/self-confidence
- Weight Loss Support
- Stress management issues
- Marriage and relationship problems and Divorce adjustment
- Parenting challenges and family harmony
- Communication problems
- Grief, loss or trauma
- Aging parents
- Mental health issues
Adult Counseling at Disha includes:
- A thorough and detailed history.
- Comprehensive evaluation and diagnosis of the problem and
- Appropriate intervention and treatment modality.
- Family Counseling and home management program for significant others.
Adult Counsellors at Disha:
1. Ms. Anuradha Prabhudesai, Counseling Psychologist
2. Ms. Samindara Sawant, Clinical Psychologist
3. Ms. Shital Ravi, Counseling Psychologist
4. Ms. Poonam Ghadigaonkar, Counseling Psychologist
- Fine Arts Auditorium, Chembur 14th May
- Acharya Atre Auditorium, Kalyan 15th May
- Veer Savarkar Auditorium, Dadar 21rd May
- Imperial Banquets, Raghuleela Arcade, Vashi 22th May
- Rangsharda Auditorium, Bandra(W) 28th May
- Bhaidas Hall, Vile Parle (W) 29th May
- Kashinath Ghanekar Auditorium, Thane 4th June
- Jasmine Banquet Hall, Raghuleela Mall, Kandivali (W) 5th June