A Learning Disability is a difference seen between a child's learning capacity and his actual learning ability.
Early assessments and intervention help children diagnosed with LD immensely in managing their difficulties.
However, due to lack of awareness amongst people many a times appropriate diagnosis, assessment as well as intervention at a later stage is not prioritized. Many a times, then these children are wrongly considered as failures, lazy or dull.
Research shows that the percentage of children with learning disabilities in India is estimated at 13-14%. However this is a rough estimate as many are undetected and unreported.
Disha deeply feels the need to cater to the educational needs for the LD children. In Disha a comprehensive psycho-educational assessment is undertaken so that a correct diagnosis can be arrived at. Further to this remediation is also taken up at Disha to help children manage their difficulty in a better manner.
Apart from this for adolescents diagnosed with LD, Disha offers vocational assessment and guidance which would take them further in deciding about their career in general.
We at Disha have designed a special vocational guidance package for LD children which includes:
Aptitude/Personality/Intelligence/Interest test battery
Tests to know student's learning style
Vocational counseling session
Detailed report profiling strengths and weakness and possible career choices
- Fine Arts Auditorium, Chembur 14th May
- Acharya Atre Auditorium, Kalyan 15th May
- Veer Savarkar Auditorium, Dadar 21rd May
- Imperial Banquets, Raghuleela Arcade, Vashi 22th May
- Rangsharda Auditorium, Bandra(W) 28th May
- Bhaidas Hall, Vile Parle (W) 29th May
- Kashinath Ghanekar Auditorium, Thane 4th June
- Jasmine Banquet Hall, Raghuleela Mall, Kandivali (W) 5th June