Understanding Behaviour Modification
By its very name, behaviour modification means that we work on modifying behaviour. This is one of the treatments of choice when it comes to therapy with children.
Typically, behaviour modification is very helpful in case of children having any of the following:
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Autism Spectrum Disorders
Discipline and Compliance Issues
Some basic tenets of behavior modification:
1. Behaviour modification is essentially the practice of using a set of techniques to increase desired behaviours in a child, and decrease undesired behaviours.
2. This change or modification is brought about using the principle of rewards.
3. It is based on the premise that behaviours that are rewarded will be repeated, whilst we are all less likely to repeat behaviours for which we suffer negative consequences.
4. Immediacy matters - reinforcement has to be immediate so as to get the desired effect.
5. Consistency following the system: Being consistent in reinforcing behaviors and following the set system is the key to getting success.
Child Therapists and Behaviour Modification practitioners at Disha:
1. Ms. Poonam Ghadigaonkar, Counseling Psychologist
2. Ms. Nupoor Karnik, Counseling Psychologist
3. Ms. Ruchika Bothra, Counseling Psychologist
4.Ms. Rina Sakaria, , Clinical Psychologist
5.Ms. Anuradha Prabhudesai, Counseling Psychologist
6.Ms. Shital Ravi, Counseling Psychologist
7.Ms. Samindara Sawant, Clinical Psychologist
- Fine Arts Auditorium, Chembur 14th May
- Acharya Atre Auditorium, Kalyan 15th May
- Veer Savarkar Auditorium, Dadar 21rd May
- Imperial Banquets, Raghuleela Arcade, Vashi 22th May
- Rangsharda Auditorium, Bandra(W) 28th May
- Bhaidas Hall, Vile Parle (W) 29th May
- Kashinath Ghanekar Auditorium, Thane 4th June
- Jasmine Banquet Hall, Raghuleela Mall, Kandivali (W) 5th June