List of Competencies Necessary for Teachers:
1. Student Interaction Ability
2. Ability to maintain class discipline
3. Time management
4. Empathy/Handling students problems
5. Understanding of subject matter
6. Communication skills (ability to convey ideas and concepts, to explain subject matter in a student friendly manner)
7. Organizational ability
8. Interaction with other teaching and non-teaching staff
The assessment program will be a two day program wherein the teachers will be put through a series of simulations, role plays, psychometric tests and other activities to assess their competencies. They will be observed by trained psychologists, who will assess them using predetermined scales and criteria. Later, individual feedback will be provided for each teacher. Computerized reports plotting the strengths and weaknesses of each teacher will be provided along with personalized developmental suggestions.
A follow up session will be conducted six months later.
Number of Participants:
Not more than 25 teachers in a batch.
It is important to restrict the number of participants as the psychologists will need to observe each candidate carefully, and the quality of observations needs to be of the highest nature.
Psychologists/Assessors: There will be about 6 psychologists. A ratio of one psychologist for every five teachers will be maintained.
- Fine Arts Auditorium, Chembur 14th May
- Acharya Atre Auditorium, Kalyan 15th May
- Veer Savarkar Auditorium, Dadar 21rd May
- Imperial Banquets, Raghuleela Arcade, Vashi 22th May
- Rangsharda Auditorium, Bandra(W) 28th May
- Bhaidas Hall, Vile Parle (W) 29th May
- Kashinath Ghanekar Auditorium, Thane 4th June
- Jasmine Banquet Hall, Raghuleela Mall, Kandivali (W) 5th June